EDUCATIONAL STUDIES (B.A.)
Educational Studies (B.A.) – Online
Do you have a desire to teach, or are you serving as a paraprofessional or substitute teacher and want to further your career? Warner’s Educational Studies degree program is your first step towards becoming a teacher. The Educational Studies degree is designed for working adults and can be completed entirely online without interrupting your career.
In the Educational Studies program, you will receive support in preparing for the Florida Teacher Certification Exams (FTCE).
The Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies program is suitable for employment opportunities and career advancement in education and non-profit based organizations and includes the following features:
- Development of the contemporary knowledge, skills, and attitude needed to teach in a Florida school
- Practical application of concepts to the public school classroom
- Preparation for graduate school
Program Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Non-Traditional Education programs is to engage the Warner online community with a Christ-centered worldview and to prepare students/graduates for effective leadership and service which supports the institutional mission to graduate individuals who exemplify academic excellence and Christian character who are prepared to lead and committed to serve.
Students majoring in Educational Studies will meet the following five outcomes which coordinate with Warner University’s mission to provide academic excellence and a Christian learning environment.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices (FEAPs) at the pre-professional level through the use of a Professional Portfolio developed during the coursework of the program.
- Educational Studies students will be able to demonstrate the knowledge needed to collect and use data gathered from a variety of sources (traditional and alternate assessment strategies) to match a learner’s instructional plan with their cognitive, social, linguistic, cultural, emotional, and physical needs.
- The Educational Studies student will be able to demonstrate knowledge of learning theories, standards, and pedagogy of the teaching profession.
- The student will be able to demonstrate the knowledge needed to set up an effective classroom learning environment and the need to use a variety of teaching techniques in order to meet the differentiated learning and behavioral styles of classroom students.
- Prepare students and graduates from the department to compete favorably with peers for employment and education.
- Entirely online
- Two courses every 8 weeks
- Outstanding faculty, diversity, and small student-to-professor ratio
- Financial assistance and scholarships
- Must meet the general admission requirements for all first time, transfer, returning or life-experienced applicants.
- Applicants not meeting admissions requirements may appeal to the Admitting and Registration Committee
- Complete an Application and pay the appropriate application fee.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended. Supply a high school or GED transcript if there are no transferable college or university credits.
- Submit two recommendation forms
- Submit an admissions essay (1 page in length) describing your educational goals and why you are seeking to become a Warner student.