Master of Ministry (M.Min.)
The Master of Ministry degree is a 30-credit-hour degree designed for pastors, ministers, and other lay leaders who desire to strengthen their skills in biblical interpretation, missional leadership, innovation, spiritual formation, conflict resolution, and community building.
- Can be completed in 24 months
- Entirely online
- One course at a time to accommodate busy schedules
- Focused on spirituality, vision, leadership, connectedness, and knowledge
Program Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Adult Ministry Division is to engage the Warner online community with a Christ-centered worldview and to prepare students/graduates for effective ministry leadership and service which supports the institutional mission to graduate individuals who exemplify academic excellence and Christian character who are prepared to lead and committed to serve.
Students pursuing the Master of Ministry degree will meet the following four outcomes which coordinate with Warner University’s mission to provide academic excellence and a Christian learning environment.
- Graduates will have a deeper understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, more effectively living it in daily life, and creatively sharing it in contemporary contexts.
- Be guided by a Life and Ministry Plan designed to sustain health and pastoral excellence.
- Theologically frame, create and execute a plan to solve a contemporary ministry leadership need, concern, or question using a process of community collaboration and storytelling.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and growing competencies in ministry hallmarks of spirituality, vision, leadership, connectedness and knowledge.
Master of Ministry Courses
|MIN 5005||Intro to Graduate Studies||0|
|MIN 5020||Thinking Theologically about the Beloved Community||3|
|MIN 5025||Methods and Principles of Biblical Interpretation||3|
|MIN 5030||Communicating the Gospel in a Post-Christian World||3|
|MIN 5040||Story of Christian Spirituality and Spiritual Formation||3|
|MIN 5045||Change, Conflict, and Peacemaking||3|
|MIN 5050||Contemporary Models for Missional Community||3|
|MIN 5055||Finding and Shaping the Story: Project Proposal and Framing||3|
|MIN 5060||Organizational Culture and Team Based Leadership||3|
|MIN 5090||Living the Story: Leadership in Action||3|
|MIN 5095||Telling and Celebrating the Story||3|
- Online application
- Official Bachelor’s Degree transcripts from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA (Students with a GPA of 2.68 – 2.99 will be admitted under a provisional acceptance. Students with a GPA below 2.68 will be submitted to the Graduate Committee for review)
- One-Page Faith Statement (Describe your view of God, Scripture, Salvation and the Church)
- Ministry Reference Letter (Pastor’s reference)
- Professional Reference Letter (From a personal, or profession reference)