COMPETE ACADEMICALLY TO WIN A FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP FOR FOUR YEARS
January 30, 2021
Due to COVID-19 and in our efforts to keep everyone safe we are changing the event from a two-day event to a one-day event. We would love to have you and your family here for two days but we just can’t right now. Don’t worry everyone in your family will still get the Warner University Experience.
Our event will start at 8:00 am on Saturday January 30, 2021. We will have events for the parents and the students. Please make note of these changes. The schedule of the day is below. If you have any questions please let us know.
The Royal Cup event gives high school seniors an opportunity to show how they are unique and how they can make a difference at Warner University.
Students interested in competing in the Royal Cup need to submit a resumé, two letters of recommendation, and write an essay on what makes them unique.
During this weekend event, participants will have formal interviews with faculty and staff in their area of interest and will write a 500-word essay—prompt provided upon arrival.
At the end of the weekend, Warner faculty judges will select ten finalists along with a top scholar.
Royal Cup participants must meet one of these academic qualifications.
- 3.5 cumulative GPA (unweighted)
- 23+ ACT score or 1130+ SAT score
- Top 15% of graduating class
Students with lower GPA or exam scores should still apply—convince us you deserve a chance to compete!
Royal Cup participants must submit the following documents by January 26, 2021.
- Your application to Warner University
- Your most current resumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- A creative essay (500 words or less) on what makes you unique!
ROYAL CUP SCHEDULE
Saturday, January 30, 2021
- 8:00 am: Check-In/Breakfast Welcome Center
- 8:15 am: Welcome/Admissions Overview
- 9:00 am: Interview/Essay Writing (Students)
- 9:00 am: Meet the Leadership (Parents)
- 9:30 am: Campus Tour (Parents)
- 10:00 am: Interview/Essay Writing (Students)
- 10:30 am: Parents Depart Campus (Parents)
- 11:00 am: Interview/Essay Writing (Students)
- 12:00 pm: Lunch (Tyler Benbow Speaking)
- 12:50 pm: Campus Tour (Students)
- 1:30 pm: Check-Out/Depart Campus Students
ROYAL CUP FAQs
Who is eligible to register?
The Royal Cup is open to high-achieving high school seniors, graduating in 2021.
This event is not open to transfer students.
What criteria will be used to determine Royal Cup scholarship winners?
Selection of top scholarship recipients will be based on rankings within these criteria:
- Professional Interview: During the Royal Cup event, each contestant will be interviewed by Warner faculty who will evaluate the student’s potential impact on the Warner community.
- Essay: Contestants will also be evaluated based on the 500-word essay they have submitted for this event.
What attire is appropriate for the Royal Cup weekend?
Casual attire may be worn for most of the event.
Participants should wear professional business attire for their interview.
Can family members attend the Royal Cup with participating students?
Parents are encouraged to be on campus with students on Friday to learn more about Warner.
Parents are also invited to attend a Friday night dinner held for Royal Cup participants.
There will be no programming for parents on Saturday.
Parents will need to book their own lodging at one of several hotels in the area.
Is there any cost for the Royal Cup weekend?
There is no charge for this event.
All food and lodging for participating students will be covered.
Will students receive anything for participating?
All Royal Cup participants will be awarded scholarships to Warner University and will have opportunity to compete for larger scholarship awards.
- Warner University will give every student who attends Royal Cup weekend a $52,000 four-year renewable scholarship—$13,000 per year.
- Students who finish in the top ten will receive a $60,000 four-year renewable scholarship—$15,000 per year.
- One top scholar will be awarded a full-tuition scholarship—valued at $94,000 over four years.
When will top Royal Cup scholarship winners be announced?
Winners will be selected by judges at the end of the Royal Cup event.
Winners will be announced and notified approximately ten days after the event.
All recipients will receive a letter from the Warner administration announcing the results.
What are the requirements for receiving Royal Cup scholarships?
In order to remain eligible for Royal Cup scholarships each year, winners must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.