FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What personal information do we collect from people who visit our blog, website, or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register, make a purchase, subscribe to our newsletter, surf our website, respond to a survey or marketing communication, fill out a form, use live chat, or enter information on our site.
How do we use information?
We may use information in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- To allow us to deliver content and product offerings which might interest you
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better respond to your customer service requests
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
How do we protect information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular malware scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep information confidential.
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters/submits information, or accesses information to maintain the safety of PII.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
OTHER PRIVACY TOPICS
Cookies are small files that a site or service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enable the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Trusted third-party services may be used to track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer request permission for cookie use for each site visit, or you can choose to turn off all cookies in your browser settings. (See your browser’s help menu for more information.) If you turn cookies off, some site features may be disabled, but you should still be able to place orders.
- To keep track of advertisements
- To understand user preferences based on previous or current site activity, enabling us to provide you with improved services
- To compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We have implemented the following Google analytics and advertising functions:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google display network impression reporting
- Google demographics and interests reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for Google advertising on the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.
If you have questions regarding online orders, this privacy notice, or the terms and conditions which govern your use of our sites, please contact the WU Office of Advancement at 863.638.7611.