At Warner University, we want you to own your faith by growing as a committed follower of Christ. We’re not talking about going through the motions; this is a caring community designed to bring passion to your calling. You’re surrounded by professors and classmates who are ready to grow!
The Spiritual Life programming works as a scaffolding to help you grow. The events and groups challenge you to push further and to act on what you’re learning. This truly is love in action.
All traditional students (whether you’re a residential student or a commuter student) are required to earn 18 spiritual growth credits each semester. If you believe your class schedule, internship experience, or other extenuating factor qualifies you for a chapel exemption, you can submit our Spiritual Growth Credit Exemption Form.
ID // Royal Card
In order to receive chapel credit for a program you’ve attended, you will need to use your Student ID to scan into the chapel experience. It’s important that you regularly track your chapel credits on your Royal Card in order for you to reach your 18 spiritual growth credit requirements. If you exit our chapel experience before the program has concluded, you will not receive chapel credit for attending. But don’t worry–you won’t want to miss our chapel program!
Other Spiritual Growth Programs
We have Faculty, Staff & students eagerly planning spiritual growth programs for your enjoyment; some of these programs are approved to receive chapel credit to go towards your 18 Spiritual Growth Credits. To know which programs are worth a spiritual growth credit, please check our online calendar. If you’re attending one of our outside programs for credit, please make sure to write your name clearly on the sign-in sheet. It would be cool if we were mind readers–but we’re not!
If you’re interested in sponsoring an event for credit, please submit our Spiritual Growth Programming Request Form.
Spiritual Growth Extension Form
If for some reason, you didn’t quite reach your spiritual growth credits for a semester–we have a solution! Please complete our Spiritual Growth Credit Extension Form for processing. You will be notified of your credit approval through your Warner email. The deadline for filling out the spiritual growth extension form is before finals week.
To find chapel videos and the required material to make up credits, please log into your Student Moodle page and look for chapel under “My Courses.”
At Warner, Chapel serves as one of the “pillars” of your spiritual development and meets every Tuesday and Thursday at South Lake Wales Church of God. The university community gathers to worship, challenge, encourage and equip.
Chapel at Warner serves several vital purposes:
- to celebrate and build community
- to present the claims of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as recorded in Holy Scripture
- to inspire worship and praise that glorifies God
- to promote faith development and Christian maturity
- to examine current issues from a Christian perspective and worldview
Chapel constitutes one of the core parts of your growth and experience at Warner. That’s why you’re expected to attend every Tuesday and Thursday at the South Lake Wales Church of God. Students are required to earn 18 spiritual growth credits per semester through both Chapel experiences and other spiritual development opportunities.
We want to make sure that Chapel is an orderly and worshipful experience for everyone. Really, that just means respecting those in the community. To make sure everything goes smoothly, we ask all students to keep some key principles in mind:
- Reverence – We’re gathered to worship the Sovereign God of the Universe! Keep that in mind and maintain honor and respect for the One we worship in all that we do.
- Respect – At Warner, you’ll worship together with people from a wide variety of church backgrounds with many perspectives. So, show respect for those who are leading, even if it’s not your worship preference. Respond to the leader’s requests, such as standing to worship, being quiet to pray, etc. Don’t talk with your neighbors during singing and when the speaker is speaking. Also, please refrain from getting up to go to the restroom while the speaker is addressing the audience. If you have to leave temporarily, then please wait in the back until the speaker is finished.
- Attention – You’ll get much more out of the experience if you’re really into it. Put away your electronic devices (that means your cellphone, iPods, tablets, etc.). Chapel is not the place to do homework or catch up on your reading. And learning from God’s Word is good stuff, so sleep’s not an option. Please sit up and pay attention to the message God has for us individually and as a community.
- Proper Attire – The point of attention should be on God…not your clothes. So, dress appropriately. Provocative dress has no place on campus, much less in Chapel. Short shorts, skirts, dresses, and revealing tops are out. Don’t slap on your athletic wear, and remove your hat upon entering Chapel.
- No Food or Drinks – We love snacks as much as you do, but out of reverence and respect, please discard all food and drinks before attending Chapel.